Wednesday, May 26, 2010

so much to post yet so little time

In very quick notes I will update that:

My dad was here visiting for a long weekend. We tried out Bobby's Burger Palace and the Bobby Bleu burger was delicious (bacon and bleu cheese. yum), drove up to Albany to see my Nana and other family, spent lots of time outdoors which was lovely and soooo relaxing. Did a quizzo night at Local 44 with my Dad, we didn't do so well but it was tons of fun. Spent all Monday walking 8 miles (literally. I mapped it out afterwards) all over downtown. Pretty sure we saw the major highlights including: Penn's campus, walked along the Schuykill River, did the Rocky pose at the top of Art museum steps, saw the LOVE statue, ate lunch at Reading Terminal Market (a food paradise. I WILL be going back. An entire cookbook stall! and lots and lots of pastry places), went into the National Constitution Center (my new as-of-today place of employment) where we took pictures standing next to life size versions of Alexander Hamilton (my dad's favorite) and some other Constitution signers, then off to see the Liberty Bell up close and personal, meandered through Society Hill and South Street and then topped with a delightful dinner at Bistrot La Minette (my fave French restaurant of which I have raved about here before). rhubarb sorbet= cool. Tuesday we took it a lot easier, went to the top of City Hall for a fantastic panoramic view of the city and it was a perfectly clear and sunny day, got requisite cheesesteaks at Tony Luke's where we saw Tony Luke himself, and then walked along the Schuykill to check out the boat houses for the crew teams. Needless to say, I'm exhausted.

Yet. I started as the new National Programs Assistant today. It went well. I think I'll like it. Going to be a busy summer, just hope I can keep up. Big event tomorrow night with Lawrence Summers (former Harvard pres, currently Obama's chief economic advisor and director of National Economic Council) so should be interesting. More to come on all of this at some later date.

Stressing now because I hadn't expected to be working quite so soon and STILL have a paper to read for/ and write by Monday. gah! so I'm off to do that. and then sleep. or more likely pass out into my (w/ freshly laundered sheets) bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment