Thursday, May 13, 2010

Jeudi

So. all of the excitement in my day came in a roughly 1.5 hour window this afternoon.
  • I have an interview next week at the National Constitution Center. (!!!) Basically my dream job, the only sucky part is that its a temporary position... :( BUT I would love it if I got hired because I could make networking connections, get more experience for the resume, and some much-needed money! and maybe maybe they'll decide they actually DO need someone full-time. Going to spend the weekend brushing up on Constitutional knowledge... (something tells me the Supreme Court exp. really helped me out on this one). Also confirmation that my resume and cover letter must be alright to have made it into the 5% that actually get read. yay.
  • I bumped up my regular run to 4 miles. It was not bad. I might be bumping it up again soon.
  • While I was out running, I saw this guy laying on the sidewalk. He wasn't moving, no visible injuries from what I could tell, debated whether I should try to wake him up but felt a little iffy about it (sort of an mehhh area), I mean he could have been drunk or high. No idea. Its a really heavily-patrolled area though so I figured I would see a cop, I didn't, but there is a Penn/Police substation 3 blocks from there AND its on my route so I popped in and was like "Theres a guy on the sidewalk. Maybe someone should check it out." Felt a little bad about not having checked him myself but at least I did the next best thing? There was a thing on Nightly recently about a good Samaritan in NYC who had stopped a mugging, got stabbed, and then laid for an hour while people walked by him and he ended up dying. So. yeah, if it was a medical issue at least the police were notified within like 5 minutes of my having seen him. It totally reminded me of the time in Gainesville, though, when I helped that stray dog ALSO while out for a run. Perhaps I should carry a cellphone.
  • And finally, this didn't happen today but since I made a news reference and am on the topic, I saw a local anchorwoman at Whole Foods last week. I didn't recognize her until I overheard someone else say something about who she was. She smiled at me. and she was reading the magazines stocked near the checkout line with no intention of buying it! (she said something about it to that effect)
  • How can tomorrow already be Friday? yikes. Having lunch with my priest friend. It still is such a bizarre thing to me. I've never personally known a priest before. I mean, I know they're just regular people but. but. but. not really. lol. The job totally sets them apart. However, Sean is totally and completely a regular person. wickedly funny, very smart, and enjoys good food (and hence our lunch). Anyways, think I'm heading down to Baltimore for possibly my second-to-last trip there. (at least for the foreseeable future. or Pancho drags me to some alumni event)
Au Revoir, my dears.

2 comments:

  1. I literally laughed out loud at your bullet point about your priest friend. also, carry a cell phone iwth you! i was followed once! sooo scary. and i saved a doggy too while running. i called the owner bc the dog was wandering along the road.

    love you! OH EM GEE. GOOD LUCK!!! i'm bragging to my current roommates about your right.now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the interview! i'm sure you'll do great. i'll think good thoughts for you.

    you totally did the right thing, going to the police station. def carry a cell phone with you!

    ReplyDelete