Wednesday, March 17, 2010

These people up north...

basically cannot function when there is nice weather. I was told once, back in Florida, by northern visitors "If the weather was this nice all the time, I would never get work done. How do you guys deal with it being sunny all the time?" At the time I thought this was slightly ridiculous. Well, its always nice, so we just take it for granted. duh.

However, I'm starting to see the logic to this question. Because after 5 miserably wet and cold days the weather today was GORGEOUS, sunny, bright blue skies and in the low 60s, there were about 18 times more people outside than I have seen in months. Everywhere. The teeniest patches of grass, any outdoor seating, people all over the place. Granted, there were also a ton of drunken college kids hanging out on front porches because of St. Patrick's Day... but people everywhere, reading, playing frisbee, eating, it was great. The weather guy said it hasn't been this warm since December 3rd. yikes.

Again, reminded of great need for new sunglasses. grrrrr. Though I did float the idea to one of my friends of going (finally!!) to check out King of Prussia-- only the biggest mall on the east coast!! and like a 30-minute drive or so from here. hooray.

Also, Happy St. Patrick's Day!! I made green cupcakes (dyed both the funfetti mix and the icing) for my 700 class this morning. We were critiquing drafts (mine included) so I thought it might be nice to sugar coma myself into getting through it. It worked, plus the medium latte and dunkin donut munchins the prof brought in probably helped too. I was also pretty much shaking by the end of class. lol. I also put little shamrock stickers on the 2 papers that I was a peer reader for. AND I wore my Everyone Loves An Irish Girl shirt. I just can't give it up. I know it should have been in my give-away bag of spring cleanout clothes but I can't make myself do it. It still fits! and its supersoft. I had the decency at least to wear my green Polo sweater over it for most of the day though. :)

Since the skewering of my 1st draft is now complete--except for my advisor's comments which I will have to deal with next week. which I cant even think about yet how much I'll dread that--I decided I was going to watch tv til my eyes pop out tonight. Totally need a break/it's a holiday. So behind from not watching last week while I was writing said 1st draft. Yes, my idea of a great night right now is couch potato-ing it. Or, rather, desk chair-ing it for those of us without a couch. God. I can't wait til I have a bigger place and can afford furniture. I'm going to a party on Friday night though, so shush. Grad school isn't all that lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment