Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring...

is perhaps my new favorite season. It has been so warm!!! I love it. Sunshine! and bare legs! lovelovelove.

Pretty great weekend. Nothing spectacular but feeling like I actually had a weekend. Went to a history party on Friday night. We had to bring food that related to our field, so doing WWII US stuff I baked Betty Crocker brownies and brought Coke. Does it get more Americana than that?

Saturday I finally got the massage Pancho gave me for Valentine's. I was a little nervous about deep tissue because I thought maybe they would like grind me into the table but it was actually amazing. And apparently I had a lot of tension in my shoulders and upper back (hunched over the computer writing, perhaps?) so I felt like relaxed putty walking out of there. The spa just so conveniently is smooshed in between all the shops on Walnut St. so I popped into Zara and H&M. Total spontaneous purchase at H&M of new sunglasses (finally!! as I mentioned here several times before of my great need) and this super cute silk blend blue and white patterned mini-dress. Then I sat in Rittenhouse Square for awhile soaking up the sun with my new shades and Time. Great morning.

And today Pancho was here after flying in from skiing all week. Picked him up at the airport at 2:15 in the morning. Guess I like him a lot. Grabbed brunch at Rx which is literally 3 blocks from me and I've been wanting to check it out-- brioche french toast. yum yum yum. Walked around the neighborhood because it was so nice out (and to digest) and then dropped him off at the train mid-afternoon so he could get back and get some work done. Very satisfying weekend, but here comes another rather busy week. But only 6 more of the semester! (a thought both exciting and terrifying)

3 comments:

  1. Gah, so jealous. It is snowing right now. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. finally caught up on your blog! i like the new layout, btw. boo to a lame spring break, but sounds like you've had more free time since :) i am also stressed/excited about the end of the semester. enjoy the spring-time weather!

    ReplyDelete