Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thought this was a cool article on NYTimes. Studies have shown that the act of giving has helped chronic pain sufferers and others with health problems to feel better, less stress, improve symptons etc etc. I checked out the 29-Gifts website and think I'm going to try doing it. Not like actually giving tangible gifts, but trying to do acts of kindness in a conscious way.

It is December already. oy. But that just means my birthday is 8 days away! This is the first year that it has almost snuck up on me. Usually I start counting down 40 days out but I only realized it like last week when I was shopping for my mom's birthday gift (its the day before mine so I figured I should buy something and leave it with her during Thanksgiving -- no shipping costs!) Got to think of something to do. Maybe suggest drinks out with some of the girls? Its the second-to-last day of classes so maybe I should plan something for the night after.. Hmmm. Got to think.

The weather is doing some crazy highs and lows this week. Supposed to get like 30s-cold this weekend and maybe possibly some snow in the near future?! That would be awesome.
Nothing else to update, except that Thanksgiving was great and relaxing and wonderful and I don't know how I'm supposed to go back to doing work for 2 weeks. ughhh. Oh. and Gossip Girl last night was deliciously drama-filled and ridiculous. I'm so not ready to give up on that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment