Sunday, December 20, 2009

Just missed the snow

This storm was the second-most snow Philadelphia has gotten, and I saw online that near my apartment got around 18 inches. And I missed it! As much as it probably stinks a little bit to be snowed in, I sort of wish I had been there because it must look amazing outside as well as really fun to play in. Alas, I've been in Florida since Wednesday, where here there was rain in biblical proportions. Just a 50 degree drop and that could have been a snow storm, too. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get plenty of snow once I'm back, just probably not as much.

Been doing lots of holiday stuff. Got some shopping done yesterday; the mall was a crazy but not as bad as I've seen it in the past. VERY excited about my new boots that I picked out (but won't be getting until Christmas). They're Nine West, flat, an indetermine brownish/gray color which sounds weird but I think its going to go with almost everything, upper calf height, with a buckle thing near the ankle. Going to have some warm feet back in Philly! Also picked out a tree and helped to decorate it. Went to a Hanukkah party. Even Florida is trying to get in the spirit, its down in the 60s today. lol. Still have sugar cookies to make and decorate and presents to buy and wrap. Plenty of time though. STILL working on a paper, but I am determined to finish it tomorrow and then finally have my vacation work-free. Pancho downloaded The Blind Side so I think we might watch that tonight and perhaps go driving to look at Christmas lights. Trying to mix in this paper-writing with fun stuff. Grrr for my procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment