Sunday, December 13, 2009

So grateful for awesome weekends. When a truly great one comes along, well, its a beautiful thing. Went down to Baltimore. Delicious homemade chili (Thank you Panch for making it, thank you Walf for that recipe that continues to live on), good friends, assisted with gingerbread cookie making and house decorating, christmas light looking, all-around good time. And apparently there is a place called Chocolatea mere blocks from where I was living all those 8 months that serves out-of-this-world hot cocoa and lattes and pastries. Had a scrumptious Irish cream, hazelnut hot chocolate concoction. Seriously could have drank a gallon of it. And then hit up Chili's for the 3 for $20 deal or whatever it is. And of courseeee I got a margarita. Didn't knock me off my feet like usual, probably because I actually ate along with it. :) Hmm. this weekend appears to have revolved around food. and I'm so okay with that.

Pancho's roommate has quite the girl situation going on. It was interesting being an observer. I still don't really quite understand how you can be somewhat exclusive with someone but then not be a couple. Isn't that a fuzzy boundary? Maybe its just because I like having clearly defined parameters. Things tend to be black and white, I don't deal well with gray. I think I would just have such a problem with not really being able to claim someone's attention/time/affection as my own. Guess its a good thing I've locked Pancho in then, eh? (Sorry, honey, I know you just experienced some sort of minor anxiety over that statement)

Also, my faith in humanity is restored. I lost one of my good gloves on Friday when I was at the parking garage getting my car and I fretted all weekend about how irresponsible it was. BUT alas, someone turned it in at the front desk. YAY! Really, it may not sound like a big deal, but I'm tremendously relieved.

1 comment:

  1. mmmm, I would give my left arm for some of that chili. They don't really do chili in Korea. What a drag. Also, they don't really do Chili's which is also a drag.

    Miss you! Glad we could chat yesterday for a bit.

    ReplyDelete