Thursday, March 26, 2009

UMD

Lovely visit to DC over the weekend. Finally got to Georgetown Cupcakes. Only 20 minute way outside, and made it in plenty of time so wouldn't be turned away again. Tiniest place, and they were just moving people in and out. I got Mint Chocolate and Vanilla squared and then 2 chocolate peanut butter fudge for Pancho and Ira. Delicious but super messy (All the frosting). Also went to Lauriol Plaza, this great Mexican restaurant with amazing margaritas. Maybe had a glass (or 2 or 4) more than necessary. But tons of fun ;)

Then had a great visit to the University of Maryland on Monday. Learned all about the course requirements, the campus is absolutely gorgeous, met with some professors. Lots of Women & Gender faculty, so lots of classes that I would be interested in taking. No language requirement (woohoo!), and the current grad students were nice and seemed to have a very active history grad student group. Everything was what I could have hoped for, and now I'm just waiting to hear from Penn before really making that final decision.

Interviewed at Kaplan yesterday, I've moved on to the training program. Turns out I'll have to re-take the SATs if I want to teach them because its been almost 5 years so the last time. Sort of a turn-off to the job. But I'll see how things go, I get paid for training at least. Should hear from the internship next week, so still keeping my fingers crossed for that. Sigh, just some more waiting for me to keep doing. lol.

I've parallel parked twice in the last 2 days on my first attempt. Finally making progress!!
Been a super rainy day today, definitely a snuggle up with a book and tea kind of day, just a little house tidying to do first. ehh. Lots of really cute Spring/Easter baked goodies on the blogs recently to check out. Maybe this weekend I'll tackle some creme brulee or decorated cupcakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment