Thursday, March 19, 2009

March updating

Been a very inconsistent blogger this month. I believe my readership is about 6 people and so when fully half of whom came to visit me in Baltimore, well, I figured I was semi-excused from writing about it. But I will now. Tried to show the girls the "best of Baltimore" or what it amounts to in my opinion. Checked out the waterfront at Inner Harbor, shopped along the quirky shops of Hampden, day trip to DC for museums, failed attempts at getting cupcakes, and then infamous chicken and waffles on the way back, made a full round of the nightlife, which sadly included PJ's, but Brewer's Art witnessed my first Irish car bomb (delicious. even if I remain the slowest shot/drink taker in the whole world), trip downtown to hit up pretty up the essential bars in Fed Hill including Dog Pub, walked around the Farmer's Market and saw Ana from Charm City Cakes which we also walked by (cakes in the window), watched a lacrosse game, meandered around campus, breakfast at Pete's Grill (alas, no Michael Phelps sighting), quick run through of the Baltimore Museum of Art, fajita and margarita night at Nacho Mama's, respectable play at the James Joyce trivia night, and got pictures of the Painted Ladies.
A very fun week if not totally exhausting. My days had gotten fairly leisurely by the beginning of March so being on the go was a definite change.

Home now in Boca to see my parents and relax. Brought an extra bag to return with spring decorations, a desk lamp, clothes, and some cake decorating icing tips. Random, I know, but its easier to do this than try to ship it all. Heading to DC on Saturday because Maryland is having an open house on Monday and it will be easier to take the Metro from there than drive in the crazy commuter traffic on Monday. I'm really excited about it, there is a full day planned to tell us about the program and we get to meet faculty and current students. Got into George Washington over the weekend so now I'm waiting on Penn, Sarah Lawrence, and Boston College. I just want to know already so that I can start comparing the programs.

Had a half hour telephone interview this morning with the Curator office of the Supreme Court for that internship. I was prepared, had a 2 page sheet of things I wanted to make sure to mention. I think it went well, I had some good answers for stuff, hoping that other answers were received well. Sort of nervous though, no idea how many other people are left at this stage so I could be against 4 or 40 kids. Won't hear back for 2 weeks so going to try not to think about it too much. Also just set up an interview with Kaplan to try and teach the SATs. Hopefully that goes well next week. Feel like things are moving along, just really really hoping one of these works out.
Glad that I'm being more productive again, had been feeling a little guilty for taking those 3 months off, although I think I really needed the break. It will be nice once I get a job and figure out what school I'll be going to, get a little more settled for the next 5 months.

I still can't get over the fact that I've graduated from college and am living with my boyfriend in a big city. It sounds more grown up than I feel in reality. I vividly remember in 4th grade around election time thinking that the next election I would be in 8th grade and the one after that I would be in 12th grade-- high school! And I couldnt even envision beyond that. Not only has that all come and gone, we're past that next election, too. I dont feel necessarily like an adult but I'll see people my age on tv and I think oooh, they look older than that, a real adult. Stuck in some sort of kid/ quasi adult category. Although after watching numerous What Not to Wear episodes this week (looove Stacey and Clinton), feeling like I need to update my wardrobe a little. Maybe weed out those things I still have from like sophomore year of high school. When I moved to Baltimore, Pancho and I realized that I have so much stuff because I never outgrow it, so it accumulates until it pretty much falls apart.

1 comment:

  1. wow. we really did a ton of things in those few days! I'm so happy we got to visit you! :) :)

    i'll call you back today. promise. LOVE!

    also, i totally feel you about the not growing out of things you've had since high school. but, to be productive, i bought two skirts (gray stripes and black) yesterday at gap on sale for 26 bucks each. Adorable! great for work too http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=26650&pid=585627

    ReplyDelete