Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring!

I have been absolutely loving the Spring weather. Its still pretty cool out, but its sunny (most of the time at least), and I can actually open the windows or sit outside and read. The Beach really is a nice spot to relax and overhear some Hopkins gossip. inevitable.

Looking forward to Easter. Its not one of my top holidays but I still like decorating for it (duh!). Not too keen on any of the candy, either. Don't like Peeps, jelly beans, Cadbury eggs. Just SweetTarts Chicks, Ducks, and Bunnies. So I've been planning for awhile for this weekend. Got Pancho's basket all set to go, ready to dye eggs, baking some Pillsbury Easter Chick sugar cookies, and cinnamon rolls on Sunday morning. So excited!

However, the schedule might change a little bit because I think I'm going up to New York. My grandmother is pretty sick and my mom is there now, and since its only a 5 hour drive for me, it makes sense that I should be there. And then on the drive back, I'm arranging a visit to Penn. Still working out meetings with professors and stuff. Really want to get a feel for the campus and the area, see if I can visualize myself there. Maybe spot the cafe I will take up residence in, with my mountain of books and articles to read and a pressing need to have direct access to caffeine and baked goods. lol. So, things are certainly happening, or rather, things are about to be happening.

Kaplan job not really for me, as it turns out. I realized that I shouldnt be doing things that I dont enjoy. Life's too short. Probably should really enjoy these last few weeks I have off before the summer starts. Therefore, Pancho and I are going to an Orioles baseball game tonight. He is so excited about the start of the new season. (Naturally, I'm excited about all of the game park food. Hot dogs and funnel cakes? Heck yes.)

Oh, so I'm not feeling well. Picked up another little cold, and I really wanted Matzo ball soup last night. We finally find that Whole Foods has it for Passover. Make the 15 minute drive over there, and they dont have it until today! Actually very disappointing. I dont like when I cant satisfy my inner Jew. We went to Pei Wei instead. lol

1 comment:

  1. i hope your grandmother gets better soon. and enjoy your visit to Penn!

    ReplyDelete