Monday, June 14, 2010

various and sundry

--Things I have noticed while running in the last week:
  • Even when I come home dead tired, as soon as I hit the pavement with my running shoes (so sadly sadly in need of replacement) my body takes over and I find hidden reservoirs of energy. Its pretty cool.
  • 9 out of 10 runners (myself included) have this overheated, pained expression. The other 10% are superhuman freaks sprinting down the block, headphones in, looking as if they haven't broken a sweat. I always console myself with the thought that they either just started or this was their block to "look good" and in a moment they will be stopping to jog like the rest of us.
  • I like to smile or nod my hat at passing runners. It is rare if I get a return anything. very odd. Aren't we a fraternity of runners? Just a friendly greeting, wouldn't kill anybody.
--Despite initial ambivalence, the new pretzel M&Ms are quite tasty.

--I may have (read: did) bought farmyard animal pancake molds at Williams-Sonoma. They are adorable. and the salesperson told me that my "children are going to love them!" I think I was more bothered that I looked even remotely old enough to have kids. It was actually a jolting thought. For the record, I did in fact say no, they were for myself.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like the running is going well! wish i could say the same for the exercise regimen i had planned out for the summer...

    and omg those pancake molds are soo freakin cute!

    AND can't wait to see you in less than two months!!

    ReplyDelete