Monday, June 1, 2009

<3 Supreme Court

The Supreme Court is awesome. I started last week, and it has been amazing. The other interns are cool, we've become a little pack. Nice to know you always have people to go chitchat with or eat lunch together. We're going out for Happy Hour tomorrow after work. I'm still learning how to do things, but definitely getting the hang of it. Every morning when I walk up to the Court, I think OMG, I'm just walking in, no big deal. It's incredible. Haven't given my first lecture yet, but I think it might happen this week. I'm ready. Can go on at length now about the history, the justices, architecture of the building. I'm curious to know how long I'll retain these many many trivia facts. I love it. It's going to be a great summer.

Pancho and I are finally into our new place. Spent the last week moving in, along with being utterly exhausted from my first week at work (The 1.5 hour commute each way takes a little getting used to...). It's nice, no mice (!!! sweet victory!), I can walk barefoot. These are big accomplishments. The only downsides are that there isn't a washer and dryer nor a dishwasher in the apt. but I will take that tradeoff for the next 3 months.

a few random sidenotes--- Au Bon Pain has really great vanilla lattes. I enjoy the new season of Jon & Kate Plus 8 but think that they should stop filming. Those kids are not having a normal childhood. I'd like to stay up tonight to see Conan on his first night but 11:30pm is quite frankly late for me these days.

4 comments:

  1. You know, I was just beginning to wonder, "when is paige going to post again?" I miss reading her blogs. I guess I should just call you. Be expecting to hear from me later this week. Wednesday or Thursday? What times are you not working?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear Pancho's gonna be the new cook in the house because he's the least busy of you three. Is he capable and/or aware of his new job? :)

    11:30 is late for you now, eh? You're turning into an old granny like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you love it so much!! It sounds so amazing and fabulous!! I want to try au bon pain, I've never been there!! I'm glad you like your new place, too! Sounds so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're loving the internship! So exciting! Glad to hear your new place is mice and splinter free :) I'll give you a call this weekend, I want to hear more about everything!

    ReplyDelete